OCGA’s mission is to support UCLA faculty in their sponsored project activities by providing expertise, assistance, and education.
What we do
The UCLA Office of Contract and Grant Administration assists the campus research community in reviewing, approving and submitting proposal applications and negotiating and executing contracts and grants from government and non-profit sponsors. OCGA has primary responsibility for the interpretation of University-wide and campus policy, sponsor guidelines, and applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to governmental and non-profit sponsored activities. OCGA also executes all outgoing Subawards issued under grants or collaborative agreements.
Revised EPASS 8/25/2020
The EPASS Form was updated on 8/25/2020. Please use the most recent version.
Submit Your Proposal Materials / Award Documents to OCGA
Please submit your materials and documents to the following email addresses:
Find Your Points of Contact:
COVID-19 Updates Related to Sponsored Research
Updated April 21, 2020
This page will be updated frequently with information from our sponsors and other resources as the COVID-19 health emergency develops. Please check back often, and consult with your OCGA Officer or Analyst for questions related to specific proposals or awards.
Check UCLA Newsroom for all other UCLA Campus and Community updates and information related to COVID-19.
A quick guide for Federal sponsor flexibilities related to COVID-19 is available, please see the ORA COVID-19 Agency Guidance Matrix in Box.
- Memo from Vice Chancellor for Research and Creative Activities, Roger M. Wakimoto, on Most Campus Laboratory Research to Shut Down (March 20, 2020).
- Memo from Vice Chancellor for Research and Creative Activities, Roger M. Wakimoto, on Ramping Down UCLA Laboratory Research (March 17, 2020).
- Memo from Vice Chancellor for Research and Creative Activities, Roger M. Wakimoto, on Research Continuity During the COVID-19 Pandemic (March 14, 2020).
- ORA News from Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, Marcia L. Smith, on Changes to Sponsor Grant Administration Guidelines in Response to COVID-19 (March 25, 2020).
- The UCOP Research Policy Analysis and Coordination unit (RPAC) has posted FAQs Related to the Impact of COVID-19 on Sponsored Projects.
- Memo from Jeff Roth, Associate Vice Chancellor, Academic Planning & Budget and Allison Baird-James, Associate Vice Chancellor/Controller, UCLA Corporate Financial Services on Tracking COVID-19-Related Expenses (March 31, 2020).
- Paul Jenny, Interim Executive Vice President-Chief Financial Officer of the University of California, has issued UC guidance for Charging grants and contracts costs to Federal sponsored awards during COVID-19.
- The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) has announced A New Partnership to Unleash U.S. Supercomputing Resources to Fight COVID-19 (March 23, 2020).
- The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) issued ACF grant flexibilities in conducting human service activities related to or affected by COVID-19.
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) has issued guidance on NSF’s implementation of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Memorandum (M-20-20).
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) has launched a dedicated Coronavirus Information website.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has launched a dedicated website, Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients, and issued the following guide notices related to COVID-19:
- NOT-OD-20-083, “General FAQs – Proposal Submission and Award Management Related to COVID-19”;
- NOT-OD-20-082 “NIH Late Application Policy Due to Public Health Emergency for United States for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)”.
- NOT-OD-20-086 “Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19”.
- NOT-OD-20-091 “UPDATE: NIH Late Application Policy Due to Public Health Emergency for United States for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)”.
- The National Institute National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) issued NCCIH Director’s Message to Grantees Regarding COVID-19 Pandemic.
- NASA has posted Assistant Administrator for Procurement Message on Coronavirus and launched a Coronavirus Information site.
- NASA Science Mission Directorate has posted FAQs on Grants and Research during the COVID-19 Epidemic.
- NASA Science Mission Directorate has posted a summary of their Virtual Town Hall 2020 which was held Friday, March 20, 2020.
- The Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) has issued Guidance for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) No Cost Extensions (NCEs).
- The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) has posted COVID-19 Grantees FAQs.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has posted Information for CDC Applicants and Recipients of CDC Funding.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has posted General Funding and Grants Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Department of Defense (DOD) has posted Flexibilities Applicable to DoD Recipients Affected by the Loss of Operational Capacity and Increased Costs due to the COVID-19 Crisis.
- The Department of Defense (DOD) has posted FAQs for DOD Research Proposers and Awardees Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy has issued a Message Regarding COVID-19.
- Chris Fall, Director of the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science issued a memo on Accommodating Interruptions from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Department of Energy (DOE) Headquarters has issued DOE Travel Guidance which applies to DOE funded awards.
- News Release: Department of Homeland Security Initiating Crucial Research to Mitigate COVID-19.
- The Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women (DOJ-OVW) has issued Guidance to Award Recipients Impacted by COVID-19.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has NOAA and OMB Guidance to Financial Assistance Recipients during COVID-19.
- The Office of Naval Research (ONR) has posted FAQs for Current and Prospective Awardees Impacted by Novel COVID-19 Related to the DoD-wide Supplemental Terms & Conditions for the COVID-19 Crisis.
- The Office of Naval Research (ONR) has posted FAQs for Contracts & Other Transactions for Current and Prospective Performers Impacted by Novel COVID-19.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has posted COVID-19 Information for SAMHSA Discretionary Grant Recipients.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has posted FAQs Related to COVID-19 for SAMSHA Grant Recipients.
- The United States Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA) which includes CDMRP has issued Supplemental Guidance on Administrative Flexibilities for Grants and Cooperative Agreements in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- The USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) has announced NIFA Deadline Extensions due to COVID-19.
- The USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) has posted NIFA-20-005 NIFA Coronavirus FAQs.
- The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) has posted FAQs in response to COVID-19. You may also check the rotating banner on their home page, arts.gov. for updates.
- The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has posted FAQs – Funding for NEH Applicants and Grantees Impacted by the Coronavirus.
- Sandia National Laboratories issued a special announcement, Mission Essential Subcontract Activities During COVID-19 Response.
- The Institute of Museum and Library Science (IMLS) has launched a website for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates.
- The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued M-20-17 “Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)”.
- The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued M-20-11 “Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)”.
- The Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) has established a website with COGR's FAQs and Resources on COVID-19's Impact to Federal Awards.
- The Research Grants Program Office (RGPO) of the University of California has issued An Important Message to our Colleagues Regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic (updated April 16, 2020).
- The California Strategic Growth Council has issued a letter to grantees with Climate Change Research Program (CCR) COVID-19 Grantee Guidance.
- The California Wellness Foundation has issued information on flexible guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The California Wellness Foundation announced their Commitment of $4 Million to Combat the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- The American Heart Association (AHA) has issued a Notice to AHA Research Community Regarding COVID-19.
- Autism Speaks has issued a notice addressing Autism Speaks grants during COVID-19 (March 25, 2020).
- CIRM has issued a letter addressing CIRM-funded projects & COVID-19.
- CIRM press release: Stem Cell Agency Board Approves $5 Million in Emergency Funding for COVID-19 Research.
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation has posted An Update on our COVID-19 Response.
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation issued A Message to our Grantees and Partners about COVID-19.
- PCORI has posted Responses to Frequently Asked Questions Related to COVID-19.
- PCORI has announced Funding Opportunities for COVID-19-Related Enhancements to Existing PCORI-Funded Projects.
- The Simons Foundation has launched a COVID-19 site.
- The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) has provided an Update on the JWST Cycle Proposal Timeline.
- Arnold Ventures President and CEO, Kelli Rhee, has announced COVID-19 Grantee Accommodations.
- Arnold Ventures Executive Vice President Criminal Justice, Jeremy Travis, has issued a letter regarding COVID-19 Outreach to Arnold Ventures Criminal Justice Grantees.
- Meera Mani, Director of Children, Families, and Communities for the David and Lucile Packard Foundation issued a letter with Update on Children, Families, and Communities Grantmaking During COVID-19.
- The Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG Foundation) has established a website for GOG Foundation COVID-19 Guidance.
- The David & Lucile Packard Foundation established Operations Adjustments for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The David & Lucile Packard Foundation issued A Message to Our Grantee Partners on the Foundation’s COVID-19 Grantmaking Response.
- The Russell Sage Foundation has announced New Funding Guidelines for May 21 Deadline for Letters of Inquiry.
- The Cancer Research Institute has issued a message from CEO and Director of Scientific Affairs, Jill O’Donnell-Tormey.
- The Leukemia Research Foundation issued a message with updates and information regarding COVID-19.
- The Weingart Foundation announced that they will soon make $1M in grant funds available for COVID-19 relief efforts in Southern California.
- The Weingart Foundation posted COVID-19 Response: Important Changes to the Unrestricted Operating Support Program.