RAS and Pre-Award Spending
- What is Pre-Award Spending?
- Request for Authorization to Spend Funds Prior to the Receipt of an Award (RAS) (Electronic RAS form).
- It may be necessary to incur costs before an actual award is received by UCLA.
- In order for the cost to be incurred the sponsoring agency must allow it, and the University requirements must be met.
- In the event an award is not received it is the department's responsibility to cover incurred costs.
- The result of an approved RAS will be a fund number assignment.
Potential Sources of Delay of the Setup of a RAS
- All compliance documents must be in place to setup or approve a RAS.
- Delays may arise from incomplete or missing internal documentation, ARC approvals, Disclosure of Financial Interest, IRB approvals and Representations & Certifications.
- OCGA strives to provide a transparent workflow. OCGA will send notifications to the PI and Department Administrators upon the receipt of an agreement and when a fund number has been established.
Page Last Updated: February 12, 2024