Some Federal Agencies maintain their own systems that play an integral part in the submission and management of grants or contracts:
- The System for Award Management (SAM)
- The Portfolio Analysis and Management System (PAMS)
- Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) eBRAP System
- HRSA eHandbook
- DoED G5
For general questions regarding any of these systems, please contact OCGA eRA Help at email@example.com.
For specific questions on how to prepare proposals with these systems, please email your C&G Contact.
NSPIRES is the NASA Solicitation and Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System. This web-based system supports NASA research from the release of solicitation announcements through the peer review and selection processes. The system is intended to facilitate conducting of research business with NASA for the science and technology research community.
- PIs, Department Administrators, and Central Administrators may gain access.
- To gain access to NSPIRES user must self-register and their registration must be validated by OCGA.
FedConnect is a web portal to review opportunities and receive awards from Federal Agencies. It also allows proposers to ask questions and receive responses regarding open solicitations, acknowledge receipt of documents, and receive awards. Due to security limitations, access to FedConnect is limited to central administrators in ORA. However, any individual may use the “Search Public Opportunities” function to find funding opportunities.
System for Award Management (SAM)
The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. SAM registration for UCLA is maintained by the Office of Contract and Grant Administration. Visit the SAM website for a publically searchable database of SAM records. In this database UCLA is registered as “UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES” and under the DUNS number “092530369”.
Portfolio Analysis and Management System (PAMS)
The Portfolio Analysis and Management System (PAMS) is an online tool for financial awards management with the Department of Energy (DOE) - Office of Science, PAMS leverages proven methodologies to deliver effective management and communication of solicitations, proposals, and financial awards. The PAMS experience is role- and user-sensitive, meaning that each user will see only information and action options that are pertinent to him or her. This customized approach minimizes errors in processing, simplifies the application process, and ensures sensitive information stays protected.
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) eBRAP System
The CDMRP Electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) System is designed to allow Principal Investigators (PIs) to submit their pre-applications electronically over the Internet through a secure connection. PIs can access the eBRAP home page. A pre-application is required for all applications submitted to CDMRP. Full applications MUST be submitted through Grants.gov. For information about pre-application and full application preparation and forms, please check the Program Announcements and Forms section on the eBRAP or Grants.gov site.
The HRSA eHandbook system is operated and managed by Health Resources and Services Administration, an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It is used for post-award functions including technical reporting, financial reporting, and administrative requests.
- G5 is the Department of Education's grants management system.
- Prior to completing electronic application packages, applicants must register in G5. Once applicants have registered, they may complete an on-line application package (e-application) or they may delegate privileges to another person from their organizations to complete the applications.
- Please visit the G5 website to register.
- Users include: PIs, Reviewers, OCGA and EFM Staff, as well as departmental administrators as delegated by PIs.
- For additional assistance please email your C&G Contact.
NOAA – Grants Online is a tool to support grant evaluation, award, management, and operations processes.
- Grants Online addresses several matters that occur during award processing, including:
- Reducing or eliminating paper forms.
- Provide an interface with Grants.gov to ensure applicants can apply for grants electronically.
- Reduce the processing time by incorporating workflows between Federal Program Officers, Grants Management Division, and Reviewers.
- Grants Online allows Grantees to:
- Accept Awards electronically.
- Manage user roles for individuals within their organization.
- Submit post-Award Action Requests, Performance Progress Reports, and Federal Financial Reports.
- Grantee access is granted only after an award has been made. The Authorized Representative who signed the SF-424 cover page of the application package will be notified via email when the award is ready for review and acceptance via the Grants Online system.
- To identify your Authorized Representative please visit the OCGA Contacts Page.
- DTRA Submission - UCLA has a single Login and access is limited to the Office of Contract and Grant Administration.
- PIs need to coordinate their submissions with their OCGA Officer or Analyst.
Page Last Updated: June 22, 2017