- If a proposal is awarded, terms and expectations for both UCLA and the Sponsor are established. The award outlines the obligations, rights and remedies of the parties involved in an attempt to prevent misunderstandings and litigation.
- Extramural awards from federal and non-profit sponsors are handled by OCGA. Responsibilities include the administrative role of accepting extramural funds on behalf of the University.
- The terms of the award protect the Principal Investigator and the University from liability and risks associated with conducting research. They uphold the university’s policies, such as the right to publish research results, protect human subjects, and protect against the loss of a PI’s intellectual property.
- In the event that you receive an award notice or agreement in electronic format, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Awards & Agreements Handled by OCGA
- Grants, Cooperative Agreements, Contracts, IPAs, Training Grants (Individual/Institutional)
- Incoming SubAwards
- Non-Industry Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Confidentiality Agreements
- Outgoing Subawards
Responsibility for Research-Related and Other Sponsored Project Activity Agreements
Responsibility for handling agreements related to sponsored research and other sponsored project activities distributed across various UCLA administrative offices based on the nature of the transactions and sponsors.
In some cases, multiple offices may share responsibility for different aspects of the negotiation and administration of the agreement. In some cases, multiple offices may share responsibility for different aspects of the negotiation and administration of the agreement.
Page Last Updated: June 22, 2017