The National Science Foundation is currently undertaking a multi-year effort to modernize grantee electronic proposal and award management capabilities currently available in FastLane, and transition them to Research.gov. During this transition some functions may exist in both systems until they are completely retired from FastLane. A matrix describing which functions are found in FastLane, Research.gov, or both is available here and is updated periodically. More information about this effort is at the NSF ERA Forum website.
Users and System Access
- Both systems share the same login information.
- New NSF users self-register here.
- To avoid complications and delays in access, DO NOT create a new account unless you are certain you have never had an NSF account.
- If you are uncertain if you have an account, contact NSF Help Desk.
Roles available for request by campus personnel:
- Other Authorized User (OAU) – Non-PI departmental staff
- NOTE: Unaffiliated / Postdoctoral Fellowship PI – Fellows will need to work directly with NSF as they are not considered UCLA affiliates
- Organizational Roles (Admin, AOR, SPO) are reserved for OCGA Staff/DRAs only
- Financial Roles are reserved for EFM Staff only
- GRFP Official Roles are reserved for Graduate Division Staff only
Please see the NSF/Research.gov About Accounts Management page for video tutorials, work guides and user account FAQs that cover how to migrate existing accounts from FastLane to Research.gov, add new roles, and navigate the new NSF/Research.gov accounts management platform.
Page Last Updated: August 6, 2018