As you are aware, a partial government shutdown has continued into the new year. While Department of Health and Human Services (includes NIH), Department of Defense, Department of Energy and the Department of Education are funded; others such as NSF, NASA, NOAA, USDA, NIST, and NEH are not. The following is a summary of information from our government partners and other colleagues.
Office of Management and Budget (OMB):
- Agency Contingency Plans and FAQs.
- Office of Management and Budget, Agency Contingency Plans
National Institutes of Health:
- NIH and Grants.gov (including the Grants.gov Help Center) remain operational during the current partial federal government shutdown.
- NIH Operational During Partial Federal Government Shutdown
National Science Foundation:
- No new funding opportunities (Dear Colleague Letters, program descriptions, announcements or solicitations) will be issued.
- FastLane* and Research.gov* proposal preparation and submission will be available; however, proposals will not be processed until normal operations resume.
*Help Desk is available.
- Grants.gov proposal preparation and submission will likely be available; however, proposals will not be processed until normal operations resume.
- Responses to any inquiries received regarding upcoming deadlines, including proposal preparation, will be deferred until normal operations resume.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) — Information About the Government Shutdown for NSF Proposers and Awardees Revised January 25, 2019
- Allowing us to continue work up to the allocated funding in our current agreements.
- They are putting us on notice that access to particular NASA resources are not available due to the shutdown.
Department of Commerce (including NIST and NOAA):
- Grants and program/technical management assistance and support will not be available to recipients of grant funding.
- NOAA websites and social media will not be updated, except to the extent necessary to protect lives and property (e.g. storm tracking)
- NOAA GrantsOnline system is unavailable until further notice.
- Most NIST-affiliated websites will be unavailable until further notice.
- U.S. Department of Commerce — Shutdown Due to Lapse of Congressional Appropriations
UC Office of the President:
- General Information
- UCOP — Research Policy Analysis and Coordination
Research Policy and Compliance:
- RPAC is working with Federal Governmental Relations and other departments to help measure the impact of the partial shutdown.
Office of Contract and Grant Administration:
- OCGA will notify the PI, Department Chair, department administrators, EFM and subawardees on the project if a Stop Work Order is received.
- If the PI/Department receives a Stop Work Order, send to email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this disruption. We will post this, and other updates, on the OCGA home page.