The National Institutes of Health Office of Policy for Extramural Research Administration (OPERA) has experienced an increase in inquiries from non-designated officials. In response, NOT-OD-21-151 was released to remind NIH research community members of best practices regarding submission of grants policy related inquiries. If a UCLA department is unable to resolve a question, they should contact the OCGA Officer or Analyst assigned to their department. OCGA will review the inquiry and respond or reach out to the appropriate office or official at NIH.
So that OCGA can best respond to your inquiry, provide as much information as possible, including but not limited to:
- Proposal identifiers for proposals that have been initiated in either S2S Grants (Cayuse) or NIH ASSIST.
- A link to the specific funding opportunity announcement (FOA) for proposals.
- UCLA PATS number (if not available, include PI Name, and NIH proposal/award number).
- Links to specific NIH guide notices.
- Chapter and paragraph of the NIH Grants Policy Statement.
Please review the notice and distribute it widely to researchers and research administrators in your department or unit. In addition to the resources mentioned in the notice, we encourage you to review the OCGA Other Support page and the Research Policy and Compliance (RPC) Foreign Engagement page.
Thank you for your efforts in maintaining cooperative relationships with our colleagues at NIH.