The EPASS has been modified in the following ways:
- The question regarding the use of significant IT resources (“Does this proposal involve the use of significant IT resources (beyond basic academic infrastructure); the generation of datasets or digital assets; or a budget with over $10,000 in IT-related hardware, software, or staff expenditures? (Check additional requirements)” has been removed.
- The question regarding activities outside the US (“Does this project involve activities outside the U.S. or partnership with International Collaborators, whether or not funded? If yes, list country(ies) in the Remarks section”) has been revised to read, “Does this project involve activities outside the U.S. and/or partnership with foreign collaborators, whether or not funded? If yes, list country(ies) in the Remarks section, and see Export Control questions below.”
- The NIH-funded Clinical Trial question has been updated to include additional resources to determine whether or not a given study qualifies as a NIH clinical trial. “Additional information about NIH-funded Clinical Trials can be found on the NIH website.” has been added to the end of the question.
- The GCP Training table on the last page of the EPASS also has the same language added.
- Links throughout the form have been updated to point to new OCGA, RPC, and OHRPP websites.
Effective immediately, you should use the version of the EPASS dated 4/1/2020 (attached). If you have saved previous versions of the EPASS on your local computer, please replace them with this version. Forms that are in process, and/or submitted prior to 4/20/2020, do not need to be updated to this version. The form is also available on the OCGA website.